Monday, November 11, 2013

The 'I am Thankful' Wreath!




So I got the idea for this craft from lasts years november family fun magazine :)
Here is what it looks like:
I thought the white writing was just adorable, but my white colored pencils just weren't making much contrast on my paper, so If you wanted that same look i would suggest maybe using a white out pen of some kind or a fine tipped white marker...?

So I decided to just use a black inked pen, and I am very happy with its turn out :)

Ideas: This is such a great thing to have up at the beginning of the month. Each day, as your family goes about their days... I am sure many things that you find yourselves grateful for comes across your mind :) When you are home or arrive home, make sure to jot them down and add them to your wreath, by thanksgiving you should have a beautiful decoration! Each new thanksgiving you can start a new wreath, or keep up the old one and reminisce on your past gratitude wreath ;) 
3 Use this wreath as a fun family activity, whether for a thanksgiving party, or a family home evening!

Here is what you need to make your own:


  1.  Fabric of choice, although I had a festive (neutral) patterned fabric scrap laying around that was perfect for this! 
  2. And a this green floral/foam wreath I found at the dollar tree.
  3. Also some sewing pins (to secure fabric to wreath and then many for attatching leaves!)
  4. Pen and scissors
  5. ribbon + good tape  or some way of hanging that you like (I used some thicker ribbon and taped it to the back side of a door or cabinet!)


Wrap your fabric around until you like it ;)

pin the ends 

hang in desired spot, and start 'being thankful' and pin on your leaves !



Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!









No comments:

Post a Comment