Monday, January 13, 2014

Back Into Action

Those of you who have a blog will probably understand how difficult it can be to keep it consistently updated, especially through the holidays. Jen just had her 4th baby which is very exciting. Unfortunately, we probably wont see a post from her for a while. My holidays were great! I wish I could have permanently had time off though haha I am back to work again. 2014 is going to be a great year. So many new goals and plans. I hope all of you have written down some resolutions. I have learned that it is not about completely achieving your goals but making steps and trying for them. To start off the new year, I would like to share a breakfast recipe.

I like to use ground pork to make my own breakfast sausages. I decided, instead of making patties, I would just cook it ground up and add all my seasonings, and kind of make a breakfast hash. Keep in mind that you can add potatoes and what not to this. I cannot have grains so I left them out :)

Quick Hash


Ingredients:
Ground Pork
Diced Onion
Fennel Seed
garlic powder
red pepper flakes
salt/pepper
cayenne (if you like it spicy)
eggs
Avocado (optional)

Ground the pork adding all the desired amounts of ingredients. (If using potatoes, dice and cook in a separate pan before adding to drained pork.) After browning the pork, drain the excess fat. In an another pan, scramble up your eggs. 

Scoop the sausage and place in a bowl or plate, add scrambled eggs on top (if you can have dairy, top with cheese) and then add avocado slices if you so wish. I love avocados with eggs so I couldn't resist.

Maple syrup drizzled on top would be very delicious but for those of you who are like me and can't have maple syrup, honey definitely does the trick. :) There you have it, simple and easy. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment